How Do We Help?
- Helping Hands provides emergency financial aid for the poor, sick and elderly of Franklin County.
- Helping Hands promotes self-empowerment by counseling, budgeting and goal setting.
- Helping Hands assists with referrals to other area agencies and organizations that might be of assistance.
- Helping hands provides hope and encouragement, and helps create conditions that lead to enhanced self-esteem.
- Helping Hands provides a sympathetic ear when no one seems to care.
Who Do We Serve?
- A local worker whose business no longer exists.
- A seasonal worker who cannot work during severe weather conditions.
- A single mother who is out of work due to a sudden illness or accident.
- A victim of abuse who is forced to leave the home.
- A person who is underemployed (fewer hours, no benefits, etc.).
- An elderly couple of Social Security age with huge medical bills.
- A young couple who spent money unwisely.
- Anyone experiencing similar difficult circumstances.
Q: What do you usually help with?
We mostly help with utilities and rent. There are times when we will help with heating oil, gas, temporary motel stay and medication.
Q: How often do you help?
We can help a client or household once every 18 months.
Q: How much can you help with?
We can help with $200.00 toward a bill. We will also try to reach out to other organizations that may help.
Q: Who do you help?
We only help the citizens of Franklin County, Virginia.